HDfury is a revolutionnary product that allows you to use in full resolution (1080p) any HDMI / DVI device on PC monitor, video projector or older HDTV / Plasma that are without a HDMI entry!
BLUE : Standard Edition (RGB/VGA display with SUB-D HD15 FEMALE input)
HDfury & VGA > VGA Xtender (10-15cm) [SUB-D HD15 FEMALE/MALE]
If you own a high quality monitor / projector / tv that does not have a HDMI connector you need this device, it will save you from buying a new expensive screen to enjoy 1080p resolution when your screen can already support it!
NOTICE! If you`re unsure if your Screen, Display, Plasma is compatible with HDfury, always read this guide and perform the test BEFORE buying it, Click here.
What is HDfury ?
- HDfury is a tiny external addon card/adapter that you can hook up on any RGB display through its SUB-D HD15 Female Input. Once screwed, it becomes a "part of the display" itself and will permanently perform an outstanding HDCP modification. Therefor, you can connect any HDMI source in Full HD 1080p to your now "enhanced" display hooked up with HDfury module !
Why do i need HD(720p) or Full HD(1080p) ?
- Well, you don't need it. But you may want it ! HD-DVD players, Blu-Ray players, HDMI graphic card, PS3, all of them are able to unleash their true potential (720p/1080p mode) only through HDMI output. If you want a valid ticket for the Full HD world you either need a compatible display(with HDMI input) or a solution for your existing display.
Why do i need a HDCP compliant display ?
- HDMI is a new standard that comes with hardware protection called HDCP. If your display don't have a HDMI input you won't be able to display 720p / 1080p signal on it (from HDMI sources) Prior to exchange Data Video, HDMI source is exchanging keys with HDMI display.
Both have a special HDCP chip embedded. If your display doesn't have it, even if it's technically able to display 720p or 1080p signal, it will display a BLACK SCREEN. On Playstation3, 1080p mode is only available through HDMI output !
What can i do if my display is not HDCP compliant ?
- You can buy a new display with HDMI input or use a HDCP stripper / converter box
They will extend video link to a "man-in-the-middle" device which will remove HDCP protection and output Analog RGB.
Some issues with those HDCP stripper/converter box are the following:
- They need extra wires, such as Power Supply, extra analog cable.
- Most of the time, switchs or settings need to be tweaked.
- Quality is limited and restricted because of longer analog link (need of VGA analog cable)
- They are not compliant to HDCP rules as they allow easy acces to decrypted analog video.
What are the advantages of using HDfury ?
- HDfury is the world first device that you can directly screw on your display. Unlike HDCP stripper solution on the market HDfury is compliant to HDCP rules it does not allow and end-user easy access to analog decrypted signal. Shortest Analog Link as possible also ensure Highest Video Quality as possible ! Alu and Gold platted materials, It can be used and sold legally to transform any RGB display into a HDCP compliant display. It does not require external power supply to operate
- DVI-D 24p Female Port Input (100% digital).
- A HDMI -> DVI-D cable can be use to connect to an HDMI source.
- RGB 4:4:4 (8 bits) digital input (every HDMI source MUST be RGB 4:4:4 compatible).
- Compatible with non-HDCP or HDCP sources.
- Compatible with any RGB Display
- Directly connect to VGA input.
- Easy to install within a minute. (Plug and Play)
- 10 bits 175MHz triple video DAC - Inter-DAC : 2%
- RGB-H/V Male Port D-SUB 15 Output video analog signals (0,7Vpp over 75 ohms impedance)
- Ultra short Analog links (
- DVI video bandwidth in VGA/RVB outputs: 25-165MHz
- DVI Data Rate - Bandwidth 1.65 Gbps (Single link)
- Maximum resolutions: UWXGA (1920x1200) at 60Hz or SXGA (1280x1024) at 85Hz
- Computer compatible (PC, Mac) HDTV ready (480p/576p/720p/1080i/1080p48/50/60 compatible)
- DVI1.0 compliant / HDMI interoperable and HDCP ready
- HD-DVD and Blue Ray Disc players compatible
- HDCP compatible with embedded keys loaded.
- Energy management : DVI et VESA DPMS compatible.
- Ultra low power consumption in Standby (3,5mA)
- Maximum power : 0.4A under 5V (at 165MHz pixel clock)
- On-board DC/DC converter (15V to 5V) with extra-low EMI signature
- Power +5V from DVI/HDMI
- Blue LED to display active digital link.
- Low cost solution – Single IC solution
- Small size : 75x56mm black cabinet
- Installation: the RGB 1080p module is DIRECTLY screwed to the back of the display (where VGA/YUV SUB-D plugs stand).
- Shortest RGB analog video link as possible
- HDCP rules compliant: no end-user access to decrypted analog video. Once screwed, this module becomes "a part of the display itself".
- Professional factory made (mass-production) using pick / place and reflow / wave solder pro. equipment.
- Gold Platted connectors, tracks and material