HD COMBO FAQ
Q1. Why I got "HD Error" message when HD Loader booted.
(1) Pls make sure HD power is connected and turn HD power on.
(2) Pls check if the IDE Cable and 4Pin HD power cable are connected properly.
(3) Make sure if the Hard Disk is in good operation and working perfect? or try another one for testing.
(4) Check both FPC-Cable and G-Cable if the connection is fit properly? Or, re-install the 2 FPC-Cable.
Q2. Why a "Format" message reqeusted everytime when the HD-OS booted ?
(1) Pls make sure to upgrade the HD-OS firmware upto V0.7 or higher version.
Q3. Why "Please insert PS2 Disc" message is always shown when I insert PS2 game disc for backup to HD.
(1) Pls make sure if the modchip installed perfect? Sometimes this issue happened because of poor soldering and installation.
(2) We recomand ppl to boot HD-OS directly by means of memory card or Hard Disc.
(P.S.: Please learn the specs and act accordingly from each official modchip website, and check if it supports the performance of direct booting)
Q4. Why there is no image shown on screen or it just crashed when play a game from Hard Disc.
(1) Normally, HD-OS is totally compatible with 95% PS2 games, the rest 5% games may not work with HD-OS.
(2) Some of incompatible games can be fit to work perfect by setting as per steps below in HD-OS to get game to run.
- Entry the main menu of HD-OS, and select the game which is incompatible , then press SELECT button of Joystick.
- There will be 8 function switchs shown on screen during the time, and just switching the setting whatever you want to try (Normally try No1 - No.3)
- Then press SELECT button once again, the screen will return to the main menu. The setting will be kept inside the HD accordingly.
- Select the game which you just changed to set, and press PLAY button to play. In case the problem remaind the same, then back to the setting section to change another switch and test again.
(P.S.: In case the game seltected remainds inoperative upon all the setting switch to on, it then means the game is totally incompatible to HD-OS)
Q5. Will it damage laser head during loading geam to HD ComBo?
(1) No, actually the laser head is reading smoothly when backing up the game to Hard Disc.
(P.S.: We recomend to use a fine disk to program under low speed programer as it will be good and smooth in backup).
Q6. Is there any over heat problem on Hard Disc if we use HD ComBo Kit?
(1) No, The HD ComBo has fitted with 2 high quality cooling fans (20000 hr life time) to quench the HD temperature.
(2) We have focused over 30 different brand of Hard Disc, and performing the operation continuous in good condition over 50 hrs on each Hard Disc, all work perfectly.
Q7. Will that the Y Cable be over in consumption if it connected to both Power Adapter to PSTwo and HDcomBo simultaneously?
(1) No over power consumption at all, the Y cable is good enough for both Power Adapter and certified by UL and CE.
(2) The rated current limited of Y cable is 5A(2.5A+2.5A) > 1.5A(PSTwo power adaptor)+1.8A(HD power adaptor, meantime, the rate current limited of the original PStwo power core is 7A.
Q8. Can I play PS2 disc game normaly under HD ComBo fitted ?
(1) Yes, you can play PS2 disc game easily and normally once you have HD ComBo installed.
HD COMBO Installations manual och FAQ
No replies to this topic