Installation,kopplingsschema X360 USB
Guiden är gjord av adamscybot (sws.vxcomputers.com)
Först måste du givetvis öppna din konsoll, om du inte vet hur du gör detta finns det en guide här:
Notera: För tillfället endast stöd för flashning av DVD spelaren HITACHI-LG GDR-3120L, så kolla att du har denna modell först.
OBS! DU ANSVARAR SJÄLV OM NÅGONTING HÄNDER DIN HÅRDVARA: GENOM ATT ÖPPNA DIN XBOX BRYTER DU GARANTIN!
rigging it up
This is the bit where most people have been getting confused. I will use a diagrams and images to help (thanks to Team Xecuter for some of the pictures!). I will take it step by step.
1. Switch everything off, including the PC.
2. Plug the included SATA cable into the X360USB converter and put the other end into the Xbox 360 drive.
3. Plug the included USB cable in the X360USB converter and put the other end into your PC (se bild 1).
4. Plug the small power cable (with lots of black wires) into the DVD drive and put the other (smaller) end into the power adapter.
5. Open your PC. If you don't know how to do so, contact its manufacturer.
6. Get a free molex connector from the power supply and plug it into the power adapter. Your setup should be like this so far (se bild 2).
NOTERA: Lampan ska inte lysa (som på bild 3) strömmen ska vara av!!
7. Now make sure the switch on the power adapter is set to the on position.
8. Make sure the eject button is up (off) and the modeb button is down (on).
9. Switch your PC on.
the flash process
RECOMENDATION: If you have flashed your drive in the past use RESTORE first. If it is a brand new drive use directly the Flash command you like. If you dont plan to use your drive to dump games use the
MAKE SURE THERE IS NO DISC IN THE DRIVE BEFORE FLASHING!
This section documents how to flash your drive. I am assuming you already have the firmware package (this documents the earlier mentioned "Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_2_Stealth"). It is also assuming you have Windows XP (the process will be similiar if not identical on other operating systems). If you are told to type something, ignore the quotes. Please read the readme that comes with the firmware package!
1. Make sure the LED's on the power adapter are red, if not - make sure the modeb button is down (on).
2. Double-click "My Computer."
3. Make sure your Xbox 360 drive is showing up as a new drive letter here. If not, see the FAQ later on in this guide for troubleshooting.
4. Now extract the firmware package from its archive. They are usually in "rar" format. To open these you must download WinRar or any other archiving program that supports rar (winzip does not).
5. Once you have extracted the firmware, you should enter the folder, and you should see something like this (se bild 4).
6. Click start and then run on the system tray. In the run box type "cmd" and click OK.
7. Now type "CD\" and press enter.
8. Now you must type "CD EXTRACTEDFOLDERLOCATIONHERE" and press enter. You must replace EXTRACTEDFOLDERLOCATIONHERE with the full path of the extracted folder. E.g. My command could be "CD C:\extractedfolder" but yours is the FULL path the folder you extracted the files too. NOTE: If your extracted folder is on anything other than C: you need to type "CD /D DRIVELETTEROFEXTRACTEDFOLDER" after typing "CD\". YOU CAN THEN CONTINUE TO USE "CD EXTRACTEDFOLDERLOCATIONHERE". E.G If my extracted folder was on D: I would type "CD\" then "CD /D D:" and then "CD EXTRACTEDFOLDERLOCATIONHERE".
9. You must now decide which firmware you want to flash. If you don't plan on extracting security sectors with your drive do the following:
Type "FLASH15S.BAT DRIVELETTER UNIQUENUMBER" where DRIVELETTER is the letter that has been assigned to your Xbox 360 drive and UNIQUENUMBER is any 4 digit number you can think off. E.g. My command could be "FLASH15S.BAT N 7456" but yours will be different. Press enter, and wait for the pass/done line - you now have a flashed drive.
If you do want to extract security sectors with your drive do the following:
Type "FLASH22S.BAT DRIVELETTER UNIQUENUMBER" where DRIVELETTER is the letter that has been assigned to your Xbox 360 drive and UNIQUENUMBER is any 4 digit number you can think off. E.g. My command could be "FLASH22S.BAT N 7456" but yours will be different. Press enter, and wait for the pass/done line - you now have a flashed drive.
If you don't know which one to pick. Do the "FLASH22S.BAT" one which is for if you want to extract security sectors - it does no harm.
10. Wait for the PASS / DONE line. You have now flashed your drive! In the extracted folder, there will now be another folder with your backup files in - MAKE SURE YOU COPY THIS DIRECTORY TO AT LEAST 3 PLACES FOR SAFETY!
11. Shut down your machine.
putting it back together
I would suggest putting the drive back in but not the case back on to test if the flash has worked. Once you have confirmed it is, just work backwards through the steps of taking it apart and it all clips back together easily.
I will not provide a step by step tutorial for putting it back together, as it really is easy. Make sure you plug all the cables back in the drive and they are firmly in place.
restoring your drive
ONLY CARRY OUT THIS PROCESS IF YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR DRIVE BACK TO HOW IT WAS, E.G BACK TO ORIGINAL FIRMWARE!
The new RESTORE does not need any backup, it will 100% restore your drive back to "ORIGINAL" state as long as it is visible in Windows!
1. Follow "taking it out" and "rigging it up" again. Carry out steps 1-8 in the "the flash process."
2. Type "RESTORE.BAT DRIVELETTERHERE" where DRIVELETTER is the letter that has been assigned to your Xbox 360 drive.
3. Wait for the PASS / DONE line and shutdown your system!
burning a backup
IF YOU DON'T OWN THE ORIGINAL GAME YOUR ABOUT TO BURN, YOU ARE MOST LIKELY BREAKING THE LAW. PLEASE SUPPORT DEVELOPERS BY PURCHASING THEIR GAMES!
THE GUIDE DOES NOT DOCUMENT HOW TO RIP A GAME AS OF YET - I WILL ASSUME YOU ALREADY HAVE THE "IMAGE.000" AND "IMAGE.DVD" FILES WHICH ARE PATCHED WITH THE CORRECT SECURITY SECTOR AND **OPTIONAL DMI AND PFI**!
MAKE SURE YOU USE GOOD MEDIA AND A COMPATIBLE BURNER. THE BEST MEDIA IS VERBATIM DVD+R DL AND THE BEST BURNER IS THE DVR-111D Pioneer!
This part of the guide tells you how to burn your game. You must make sure the image is SS patched. This means security sector. If it is not, your backup wont boot. You can also have it PFI and DMI patched so in future, when new firmware is released which takes advantage of this, you will be more hidden from checks that Microsoft could implement in the future. However, DMI and PFI is not 100% necessary, but I still recommend you patch it for future use. If you've already got the game, SS, PFI and DMI (again, PFI and DMI being optional) all seperate then you want to merge them into one image. To do this you should download SS Merger. It is pretty self-explanatory, but an addition to this guide might be added in the future explaining this process along with extraction details. If you are looking for a tool to extract this kind of information from your gamedisc you should download Xbox Backup Creator. This program has the ability to create an image by you simply popping in the game you want to backup, plugging your Hitachi into your PC via the X360USB, and clicking start. This creates an SS, PFI and DMI patched game image ready to be burned as shown below!
1. Download the latest version of CloneCD here. You must buy the full product to continue using it after a set period. Make sure it is the latest version! If you already have a version of CloneCD, you should try downloading it again to make sure you have the new one.
2. Save the file and then open it.
3. Follow the intructions to install the program. You will be prompted for a restart - I recommend you do at this stage, It's better to be burning on a fresh PC with no extra processes getting tangled up.
4. Open CloneCD (Should be on Start --> All Programs --> SlySoft --> CloneCD --> CloneCD).
5. You should be greeted with a screen like this (se bild 5)
6. Click the "pencil on disk" image (Write from ImageFile) as shown on the above image.
7. On the new window, click the browse button.
8. Now you have to browse to the "IMAGE.DVD" file and click open (your image file may be called differently). IT IS NOT THE "IMAGE.000" FILE!
9. Make sure "Delete after a successful write" is unticked unless you know what your doing.
10. Click "Next >"
11. Now select your burner you want to use to burn the disk. It has to be a dual layer burner. Insert an empty dual layer disc now into the selected drive (Verbatim DVD+R DL is highly recommended).
12. Click "Next >" and you will be asked to set a write speed.
13. Set 2x-2.4x as the speed (it is the best speed - if you can go faster don't).
14. Go onto the next screen - your burn will start!
15. Wait until its done and pop the disc in your 360!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. My drive is not being recognized by windows
A. This is a common problem. The best thing to do is right click My Computer, click Manage, goto Disk Management under Storage, right click the drive and assign it a letter e.g E:. If this does not work, and the LED's on the power adapter are definetly red (modeb button is on), the best thing to do is to ask for help on Xbox-scene or team-xecuter forums.
Q. Does the X360USB work with the Toshiba-Samsung or Phillips drives?
A. No, Hitachi only! For the time being at least...
Q. My drive's rom version is 78FK, how do I flash it?
A. You can't at this time. The firmware is now available, but it requires scraping the glue away, desoldering the chip and using an external programmer. For this reason the X360USB can't be used with this rom version. It is not yet known if it ever will be.
Q. Where do I get the firmware?
A. This is not documented in this guide. Look for it yourself.
Q. Is there any way to avoid voiding my warranty?
Q. Can I burn games on normal DVD+R's?
Q. Can I burn dual layer discs on any old burner?
A. No. You need a Dual Layer burner. Even certain dual layer burners create incompatible discs. The most highly commended drive is by far the DVR-111D Pioneer because it creates perfect disks on the correct (Verbatim) media. The burner must also support bitsetting (sometimes called booktype) of DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM. I burn my discs on the Lite-On SOHW-1693S and it creates perfect backups (you have to download the companies booktype program to change the booktype, for lite-on's). Both Lite-On and Pioneer have good reputations.
Q. Why does my flashed drive not play any backup games, why do I get the "open tray" error or "dirty disk" error?
A. Check all of these things:
Make sure you are using good media. Verbatim DVD+R Double Layer is by far the best media out there for the Xbox 360. Cheap media rarely works.
Make sure you flashed your drive with the latest version.
Make sure you burnt the game with the booktype of your drive set to "DVD-ROM."
Burn the game using a different burning program (CloneCD is the best).
If you still have problems, it is your burner. Purchase a new burner (the DVR-111D Pioneer is known to be the best).
If worst comes to worst, you may want to try the open tray fix or tweaking the pot. This is very dangerous.
Q. Can I play Xbox 1 backups on my modified drive?
A. The Xbox 1 game must be supported by the emulator (list is here) and must also be burnt along with the security sector on a dual layer disc. You can't pop in an "old type" Xbox backup, burnt on single layer discs.
Installation, FAQ och kopplingsschema
No replies to this topic